- How is Social Media Boon or Bane 2022: Amazing Facts
- Good side of Social Media
- Interesting facts about Social Media
- Some popular Social Media Platforms
- How do people express mental health on social media?
- Good Things About Internet
- Bad Things About Internet
How is Social Media Boon or Bane 2022: Amazing Facts
Social Media is a visible collaborative platform for sharing ideas, ideas and information. It has become an integral part of our lives as it keeps us informed of everyday events around the world.
With social media, we are left with just a few clicks to access the unknown. Without a doubt, the social media has changed the way we communicate and every day, the communication game is getting stronger.
Social Media apps like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Skype and other such apps have made life a lot easier than ever.
The 21st century is a period of digital advancement. When the internet was created, no one knew its power. It was just a mode of sharing information across computers.
In this day and age, the advent of the telecommunications system is so immense that it seems as though time and distance have almost been reduced to nothing.
The world is so saturated with social media that political and territorial boundaries are eroding. Therefore, we can say that social media is a very popular tool these days because of its easy-to-use features.
Various forums like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and many more give people the opportunity to connect with each other in remote places.
Young people in particular are one of the most active users of social media. It can be helpful in some cases and bad in some cases.
Must Read – How To Impress Boyfriend Things You Can Do 2022
Good side of Social Media
- With social media, we can communicate with people even from faraway places. We can extend our friend’s circle to it by constantly interacting with strangers and interacting with old friends.
- Social Media has become a global platform for showcasing people’s skills. People with different skills share their skills in the form of videos and post them on social media. It gives them the opportunity to receive recognition for their talent which further builds their confidence to continue with what they have achieved.
- People can use Social Media forums for business purposes. This is the most common thing we see today. People start their businesses using apps on social media such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube etc. YouTube is one of the most widely used programs for money.
- People post videos on YouTube and get paid if they meet a variety of payment criteria, for example, skipping a certain number of views, the number of likes or the number of subscribers. Many businesses have developed on Social Media and are still thriving.
- Social Media assists students in education as well. Teachers can use social media to teach their students outside of the classroom. Especially during the epidemic when classroom attendance is not possible, social media applications have replaced the classroom.
- Teachers take online classes through various online meeting apps and share learning materials with other social media apps. In addition, students can find out more about filtering through social media.
Bad Side of Social Media
- Fake News – Social Media has a huge amount of information and resources. Information, however, may or may not be helpful. There are cases where social media is used as a weapon to spread false news and lead to many negative consequences.
- Cybercrimes – As the internet is big and has a lot of people engaging with it. Obviously there can be people who can commit crimes. Cases of intimidation, harassment, and cyberbullying also lead to more cybercrime cases.
- Cyber Security – People are found sharing their personal information that leads to a life of damage, property and mass data. Cyber Security also detects malicious software intrusion without the user’s consent. One of the latest events is related to Pegasus.
- Health – People who spend too much time on social media can have serious consequences for their health. They sit in front of their machines watching the screen sometimes in the dark again. This can lead to eye problems and can lead to obesity.
- Peer Pressure – Most teens see people posting things on social media. It makes sense for young people to buy those things. This concept is called peer pressure. This peer pressure can lead many youths to commit various forms of crime.
Interesting facts about Social Media
Much has been said about social media. Some are good and some are bad. But, we should also focus on some interesting facts and figures in the forums mentioned below.
- There are 4.2 billion telecommunications users worldwide.
- Facebook has an estimated 4.5 billion users.
- Nearly $ 90 billion was spent on advertising on social media by 2019.
- About 500 hours of content are uploaded every second on YouTube.
Instagram alone has the highest number of followers on Instagram with 410 followers.
- The second most popular search engine behind Google is YouTube.
Some popular Social Media Platforms
Nevertheless, companies continue to use many social media platforms to raise awareness and connect with their viewers, leading to the question, Are Social Media or Profit?
To deepen our understanding, let us take a closer look at the function of each of the above-mentioned communication platforms:
YouTube In the early days of social media fame, YouTube was considered one of the most accessible and entertaining forums. With over two billion active subscribers, YouTube is home to great users, which, when used properly with brands, makes a huge difference.
Although your audience may not be particularly focused on YouTube, it is the second largest search engine, therefore, having a strong YouTube marketing strategy can improve your SEO and product presence online.
Until recently, businesses did not see much power in TikTok advertising. However, with this epidemic, the popularity of TikTok has grown to make it one of the best places to reach real-gen customers.
In addition, the growing demand for limited content but heavy information at the same time also compelled companies to use the platform. Many companies have just started getting into the documentation that a 15-second long video can do for their business.
Influencer marketing is another great way for industries like Ed-tech, IT, fashion, food, and health to improve their reach. Features like Live make it easy for brands to connect with their daily audience.
Launched as a platform for staff and human resources for seamless communication to hire, LinkedIn today has become one of the largest networking companies.
Over the years, LinkedIn has proven itself to be a versatile and productive site for advertising products, especially B2B. Factors such as voting, job posting, and more have helped companies evaluate water more accurately.
Recently, companies have also started uploading original content in the form of podcasts and website articles to gain power.
Including Facebook in your marketing integration is probably a requirement of your digital marketing strategy today. Its common UI, easy access, and popularity among age groups are helpful for businesses while delivering ads and company-related content.
It is known for having a very wide and inexpensive audience that reaches out to all other social media platforms. However, the emergence of Instagram and Twitter has dampened traffic to Facebook, leading to a shift in attention.
Twitter As one of the rarest forms of business, Twitter has entered as an important digital marketing tool for many creative organizations.
Simple content equal to the bite associated with ongoing discussion can change the game for businesses. Businesses are now finding themselves embroiled in controversy on Twitter, which not only inspires engagement but also creates awareness.
Instagram stands as one of the most youth-focused social media platforms behind TikTok. For companies that have a small audience or wish to attract them, Instagram is the right place.
It has one of the most distinctive features from video to text availability. It also allows businesses to track daily analytics and algorithms, making it easier to track company growth.
We live in a world where we see mental health as a very dangerous word on social media. Mental health has become a common occurrence in social media that many people feel they are clinging to and it leads us to shift to the side of social desire sometimes, unknowingly.
There is a need to develop an understanding that simply talking about mental health in social media will not help but about considering the seriousness of the situation and taking it will help.
People dealing with mood swings should be given importance rather than indifference. Many people seem to come out and talk about their problems, just to get something done and to take steps to improve their lives.
This step should not only be mentioned on social media but also be accepted in reality.
Good Things About Internet
1. Easy Access to Information
The internet is full of information and easily accessible to everyone. Anyone, regardless of gender, race, religion or ethnicity, can access the Internet. This makes finding information easier for everyone, and one can learn a variety of things online.
2. The Internet Is Expensive
The internet is more economical compared to other learning resources. One needs a computer or a cell phone and an internet connection to receive information from around the world.
3. It also Provides Fun
The Internet not only provides us with information but also entertainment. If you get tired after reading, you can watch movies, cartoons, TV shows or play online games to refresh your mind.
While it is important to indulge in outdoor activities, you can also sometimes gain strength by having fun online. However, do not shy away from the real pleasure of playing outside because of the internet, as outdoor activities are equally important for your physical and mental growth.
4. Saves Our Time
One of the most important benefits of using the Internet for children is saving time. You can easily access any information quickly and easily thanks to the internet. It doesn’t matter if you are at home, in the office or in a hotel room, you can know any information you want to read online.
5. Improves Our Problem Solving Skills
While surfing the Internet, children often end up playing games. Many of these games can improve children’s problem-solving skills.
There is no doubt that the internet has various benefits, but it poses many threats as well.
Bad Things About Internet
1. Unproductive and Informal Assets
The Internet is a rich source of information, and it can sometimes be difficult for a child to understand what is right and wrong. In this regard, the internet can be dangerous as you may end up with inaccurate information about a particular fact.
2. Computer malware and virus problem
Another disadvantage of using the Internet is that your computer may be infected if you do not use antivirus. Some viruses are so powerful that they can damage your computer and damage your hard disk. Therefore, use antivirus every time you use the Internet on your mobile phone or computer.
3. Neck and eye pain
One of the dangers of using the Internet for children is that overuse, it can cause eye and neck compression.
In conclusion, we can say that the Internet is useful if you use it to improve your knowledge. Therefore, use the Internet wisely and reap all the benefits of this technology.